Hey guys, welcome back! Today I’m going to teach you how to make these easy treats for any occasion, whether it be for a party or just whenever you want. This post is a little different as its not to do with baking but this treat is really simple and anyone can make them.
Ingredients– fresh strawberries (as many as you want), fresh bananas (as many as you want), chocolate of your choice (I recommend 120g of chocolate for a handful of strawberries/bananas), sprinkles- optional
You will also need a microwave safe medium sized bowl, sticks (cocktail or lollipop), baking paper, and a plate/ tray.
1. Cut up the bananas and strawberries, or
whatever fruit of your choice into whatever shapes you want. Make sure the fruit isn’t mushy as it won’t taste as good. I chopped my bananas into fours then in half down the middle. For the strawberries I just cut them in half and removed the green part. It doesn’t matter how you cut them its just your personal preference.
2. Get a plate/ tray which you can put the chocolate covered fruits on so they can be put in the freezer. If you want you can place a sheet of grease proof paper/ baking paper onto the plate/ tray.
3. After that get the slices of fruit and place the sticks into them so they are ready to be covered in chocolate.
4. Next get a medium sized microwave safe bowl (preferably medium so that the fruit is completely covered in chocolate when it comes to dipping them), and break up the chocolate. You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate, its your choice.
5. Place the chocolate pieces into the bowl and place it in the microwave for 1 minute and a half 800W, but take the bowl out every 30 seconds and stir the chocolate. If the chocolate completely melts before 1 and a half minutes then take it out.
6. Then quickly get the plate and the fruit with the sicks in them. Pick one slice of fruit, and holding it by the stick, dip it into the bowl of chocolate. Make sure that there is enough chocolate in the bowl so that the fruit, when placed in the bowl, can be completely covered in chocolate.
7. Spin the fruit on the sick around in the chocolate until it is completely covered. Then take it out and place it on the plate/ tray.
8. You must work quickly to cover the fruit because the chocolate does dry fast.
9. Decorate the fruits if you want with sprinkles or any other type of decoration. Be as creative as you want!
10. Next place the plate/ tray into the freezer or fridge (I like putting the bananas into the freezer and the strawberries into the fridge because I
don’t like the strawberries frozen). They should take between 1- 2 hours to fully freeze but you can eat them whenever you want.
Thats it! Its really that simple. Now you can
enjoy a delicious treat.
I hope you have enjoyed reading. Leave a comment about some other foods you would like to see me make for another post.
Thanks for reading! Goodbye for now.
The Blue Eyed Baker 🙂