Hey guys, welcome back! So today I am going to teach you how to make these delicious chocolate brownies. I’m not a massive chocolate fan, but these taste amazing, especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! By the way this recipe takes A LOT of arm work if you use a wooden spoon (which I did) so be prepared for arm ache!
Ingredients- 60 grams cocoa powder, 60 grams plain flour, 4 large eggs, 180 grams of chocolate (I did 100g dark chocolate and 80g of milk chocolate), 100 grams of softened butter, 250 grams sugar, 1tsp of vanilla extract.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
2. Break up the chocolate and place it in a microwave safe bowl, and place it in the microwave 800W for 30 seconds or until completely melted. You could alternatively place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl over and pan of boiling water.
3. Place the melted chocolate aside to let it cool.
4. Take the sugar and soft butter (the butter must be soft), and place it into a bowl. Beat until it becomes creamy. You can use and electrics whisk or a wooden spoon.
5. Add the eggs one by one to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing well between each addition.
6. Next add the tsp of vanilla extract and mix it in.
7. Spoon in the melted chocolate once it’s completely cooled and mix it in well.
8. Then sift in half the cocoa and flour into the mixture and fold it in, and then sift the rest of the flour and cocoa powder, and fold the rest in.
9. Pour the mixture into a pre-greased brownie tin and spread it out evenly.
10. Place the tin in the oven for 20-30 minutes then take it out. It’s should feel soft and the top should be flaky/crispy.
11. You can serve it hot or cold but once taken out of the oven the chocolate will still be cooking.
Thank you for reading. I hope some of you try this if you do please comment down below!
Thanks for reading. Goodbye for now!
The Blue Eyed Baker 🙂