Hey guys welcome back! Sorry I haven’t posted in a little over a week, but today I’m back with a new post and a new delicious recipe that will make you want more. This recipe of chocolate cupcakes is so good and easy. But most importantly the outcome is incredibly tasty.
Ingredients- cake: 45g of cocoa, 4 tbsp of boiling water, 3 eggs, 175g softened butter, 165g sugar, 115g plain flour, 3 and a half tsp of baking powder
Icing: 60g softened butter, 30g cocoa powder, 150g icing sugar, 3 tbsp milk
Method for the cake
- Preheat the oven to 220C gas mark 4 and line your baking tin with cupcake cases.
- Place the cocoa powder into a bowl and then pour in the boiling water and mix until it makes a type of paste.
- Add the 3 eggs into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the softened butter to the mixture.
- Add the sugar to the mixture.
- Add the flour to the mixture.
- Add the baking powder to the mixture.
- Mix it all together until well combine. I used an electric whisk because it was quicker but you can use a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the cupcake cases and then place it into the oven.
- It should take 12-15 minutes in the oven or until cooked through.
- Add the butter, cocoa, icing sugar, and milk into a bowl.
- Then mix everything together until well combine. If its too runny then add more icing sugar and if its too thick then add more milk. I used an electric whisk to mix it together.
- Then pipe the icing on but you don’t have to if you don’t want to pipe it on.
Thats it! Now you know how to make delicious chocolate cupcakes.
Thank you for reading. Goodbye for now.
The Blue Eyed Baker 🙂